Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sushi Nabe in Chattanooga, TN

While I am still thinking about sushi I want to write about the absolute best place that I have ever had sushi; Sushi Nabe in Chattanooga. It is located in the Coolidge Park area of downtown and nestled on the north shore of the river. It may be a bit tricky to spot the first time but is well worth the effort.

My husband was working up in Chattanooga and I was visiting him when we decided to try Sushi Nabe out. We sat in the back at the sushi counter. On the way back you will see a shelving unit housed with hundreds of personal chopsticks in boxes. Apparently the locals love this place so much they keep their very own chopsticks stored there. The owner's name is Yasushi and he was right there making fresh sushi and wasabi while all the while entertaining us with stories.

The sushi was phenomenal! It was so fresh and absolutely delicious. This was the first time I actually ever tried raw sushi which I never thought I would do. I am glad I finally got the courage to do so and that it was here. I have now had raw sushi in other places and I know that I probably would never have tried it more than once if my first experience was bad. As for the rest of the menu I am uncertain but feel fairly confident that everything is good. We enjoyed the sushi so much that it is all we ate!

No comments:

Post a Comment