Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Mali in Virgina Highland

I saw a post today on Facebook from a friend that wanted to take Ru San's off of his dining list. I marked it off of my list the first and only time I went there and told my friend so. I also suggested that he try Mali if he wanted good sushi in Atlanta. While it may not be a restaurant that comes to mind for sushi or even a Japanese restaurant, they do have very good fresh sushi. I have been to MF, Niki Moto's, Harry & Son's, Nakato, RA, etc. and still like Mali the best.

The service is great, the atmosphere is intimate and there is a charming patio for dining out on beautiful days like today. If you choose to have sushi the fish is just perfect - it melts in your mouth and tastes delicious. If one wishes to order off of the menu the Thai cuisine is wonderful as well. I like to start with the Yin and Yang wontons which are lightly fried and filled with a ricotta cheese/vegetable mix and served with a light sweet dipping sauce. The Pad Thai portions are sizable and flavorful and I have always liked their curry dishes. I don't think there is anything on the menu that one could go wrong with.

No comments:

Post a Comment